"No Charges in Billy the Kid Exhumation"
They dum done done it. Dug up Billy the Kid. Ive been digging up outlaws since i was Little kid, werent we all, as we sat crosesed legged, hands on our chins, waiting in breathless anticipation of the next page, turned by a parent who actually cared about filling our time with stories and endless words of imagination. I wanna to be Billy the Kid and Jesse James, ride horses and shoot guns, steal wives and rob trains. I dressed as a cowboy and a pirate every halloween. I wanted to be bad, to do the wrong things cause every one kept telling us to do the right things, and the right things were so boring: brush your teeth, drink your milk, do your homework, marry a nice boy, have children, then teach them the same boring shit all over again. No one wrote stories about the neighboor down the street, who mowed his lawn on saturday, wacthed football and went to church on sunday. If he set the church on fire, ran naked on a football field and cut his lawn with scissors then people would tell stories about him. I wonder what the were looking for when they dug up Bill The Kid, maybe the scar of danger, a bullet wound in the left femer, a cigarette pack, crushed between the bones of his chest, maybe, just maybe they were looking for a little imgination that we lost, why should anyone file charges.i wanna live on the edge and make out with my grlfrd, ---- she has strep throat. I want people to write stories about our risky behavior. i wanna be remembered. I wanna be dug up, i want them to look for the disease that killed me, strep, strapped to my spinal cord where my throat used to be.

<< Home