
I want to still believe in santa claus.
I want to hope and make lists that might come true.
I want to write letters to a far away land, to someone i never met or never knew.
I want to spend sleepless nights thinking about what i might get instead of sleepless night thinking about what i dont have.
I want to look at my world in awe again and have the time of my life simply spinning in circles on the freshly fallen snow.
I want to be a kid like before,
spun dizzy against the cold earth, look at the lights, heart warm in my winter coat, squint my eyes and make the colors dance, wish for something better tomorrow.
I want to lay down in a restless sleep, waiting for the morning.
Knowing that i would get something under the tree,
Cause santa believes in me.
I aint been naughty.
I have been nice.
I have been nice, but im too old
I know life aint made of xmas gold, its only
two eyes made of cole, but
I want to believe there is goodness
I want to imagine a winter where no one melts and dreams come true,
where Thanksgiving roasts into the new year, with xmas toppings, and
holiday cheer.
I want these simple things, to rememeber i am here,
that i havent been naughty, that all i want to do is be nice,
to you.
I want to imagine a life without struggle, without strife.
When i was a kid and what
I want what could be put on a list and
bought by a fantasy.
I want reality to disappear under the hooves
of 12 of santa's reindeer.
I want anyone to slide down my chimeny this year,
so someone knows im here,
I havent been naughty,
I have been nice.
I want to believe in santa claus, just
for tonight.

<< Home